15 March 2015

Warmth and stripe - total awesomness

After having recently moved and unpacked most boxes, I'm realising I'm missing a few bits and bobs.

Impossible to find the leftover of pyjama elastic for instance. I'm pretty sure I had some left however I cannot face going through the whole pile of fabric to find out right now... Something tells me I should really tackle the fabric first. But since the hobby room is not set up yet, I'd have to pile it up again instead of neatly folding it.

Ok, ok, I should sort the fabric out first and part from the ones I will never touch. It is an emotional subject that I shall tackle in good time, not now (we're all master procrastinators, aren't we?).

Another thing I cannot find is my neck warmer! I used to wear it quite a lot cycling to work in winter as it was light enough to let me breathe and provided a layer against bitter winds. Where has it gone? I can picture were it was in my old place, but cannot figure out why it hasn't surfaced yet.

Whilst trying to herd my fabric into a balanced pile, I stumbled on some great stripy jersey I used some time ago in some feeble attempt at making the perfect pair of knickers.

I cut a big square of 50x50cm, and used the stretchy stitch with a jersey needle. Et voilĂ , a new stripy buff for next winter!






Update: The neck warmer has resurfaced! Hurray.

No comments:

Post a Comment