26 April 2011

...Yet another pair of booties, serious attack of cuteness...

In a couple of weeks I will visit family members I see far too little.
 Guess what: one of them is 8-month pregnant. With few days spares during Easter, a fantastic sun and with the short-term burial of some other projects, I made these little booties with merino wool, 4 buttons from my latest bought batch and some spare ribbon.

The pattern is from the British Hand Knitting Confederation Limited (bit of a mouthful), code BHKC 48. What I haven't mentioned is that the booties are the smallest item on that pattern - and cutest, there is also a cardigan and a shawl/blanket.

I guess that will be the last pair with that lovely ball of merino deluxe DK (Col 12) 50g from Patons, machine washable at 30°C. Merino is an awesome yarn, keeps you warm when you need it and stay cool in the heat. One ball does about 5 booties, not the most practical I know, it would be great if it did 6.

The ribbon is re-used from the annoying ties you find on lights jumpers to suspend them on hangers, you know the ones that inevitably show when you wear it. They look great on booties! I simply stitch them at a needle-length and made 7 petals. 6 petals left too many gaps and made it difficult to arrange.

I can now knit and watch TV, I seldom watch TV. I am ashamed to say I calculate how long it takes me to knit one baby shoe in episodes (about 2.5 if your really want to know).
I feel knitting has fulfilled my fight against boredom and inactivity when I watch TV and also has made me more sociable since I can now talk about what was on last night.

Baby booties with pink ribbons

No comments:

Post a Comment