13 February 2011

Puff-ball Skirt

You might remember a couple of weeks ago when I posted the picture below confessing being addicted to a particular fabric shop. 

I've had to push myself a fair bit to complete the skirt.
I thought I could build the pleats using maths, dividing the length of fabric (3 m) by my waist and the depth of pleats. It worked theoritically, putting this into practice was somewhat impossible.
I gave up and played the accupuntor with my dummy. I've stiched on the wip first and then pinned the fabric. It took me two attempts to managed an even finish.


I've basted the pleats and pinned the length I wanted to sew. I was very keen to avoid the school girl look with a too puffy skirt.

Pleats have been stitched one by one.


Once the skirt was finished, I made the lining pattern. I've made a block thanks to the explanation of  Coupe Couture.  I've made an excel file which calculate many measurements automatically. Email me if you want a copy. 


Ta daaaaaaam :


1 comment: